Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday Treasures - Job hunting

This has been the story of my life for the past month: Job hunting. I have made and re-made my resume so many times that I have even learned stuff about myself I didn't know. Cover letters have also been covered during this time and writing one for each job I apply has not been easy. The following Thursday Treasures feature has a few things we might need when in the job searching mode!

This is, in my opinion, a genius move. A portable resume/business card ($4.99) eliminates the need of sending the people you know some more paper, thus saving the earth and saving you time! SuthrnFlwrDesigns is the one to contact for your very own.

Keeping your business cards in this stylish cozy ($16) will guarantee that they are in a safe place while they are "inactive". Fashionably designed by AndreaBaker.

Once you land that so desired job, get your buddies over to TweeCards so they can get you a cool card ($3.50) that celebrates on its own!

Whoever said brown bagging your lunch had to be boring certainly didn't know these unique brown bags ($3.49) existed. I had to choose one for this feature, but there are many more and they're customizable! Hand printed by sammo.


Please, make sure you're so good at your job you land one of these t-shirts ($8.99) on your first company Secret Santa. And if it's from your boss, even better. Made by jamjamtees.

So, I'm back to square one. I'm still sending out resumes and writing cover letters. Wish me luck! - I'm still quite positive :)

6 comments:

  1. thank you so much for featuring my business card cozy.

    I love that idea of the business card. How sweet is that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck in the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out! Wishing you lots of job luck =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for featuring my business card! i use it daily when filling out applications because honestly who remembers all that stuff?, lol! great blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck my dear dropofsunshine! Great picks!

    Lolo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some great ideas! Thank you for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete