Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Old School

Do you remember what kind of phone you first had? I remember the one my parents owned very clearly. They were very big, chunky Ericsson phones. Top of the line. They had a flip antenna and looked like the one on the right :)


The one on the left was the next model they owned. It's unbelievable how much money people paid for this "luxury" when it was still cataloged as a luxury. Now it's a necessity. How and why did this change? I loved being nowhere to be found sometimes. Of course, I was "allowed" to own one only during Senior year and that was because my parents wanted to know where I was!

By the way, it was a Nokia 5120. Indestructible!

1 comment:

  1. The phones in my house were rotary until I bought my first house back in 2000! I also remember my first cell phone...it was analog and had thes huge green letters...and like you, I didn't get one till I was about a senior in college...maybe even later I think!? Now I see 8 year olds with cell phones better than mine?!?

    ReplyDelete