Wednesday, February 25, 2009

40 days and 40 nights...

Lent is a day away and after a lot of reading, thinking and talking, we have come to a realization that Lent does not mean "give up meat", it means give up whatever is not making you a better person, the person you want to be and the person that God intended you to be. I can live without meat on Fridays as I can eat fish 24/7 if I need, even pasta, but take away the chocolate and you're dead meat - literally. So, that was my thought on how I'm about to approach Lent, I'm giving up chocolate for those 40 days and 40 nights. It will be hard, totally, I couldn't agree more. And maybe I will be cranky most of the time, but it will be well worth it to be able to control an addiction. I want to control chocolate, and right now, chocolate controls me. I will update on this, as well as log in if I lose any weight (crossing fingers here!), but for now, back to work - I write this as I chew on my last Rolo of the day... I'll miss you guys.


- Maybe someone should buy me one of these *wink* :) -

No comments:

Post a Comment